Recommended in Phase II (PV) and Phase III. Despite not being made of pure protein rich foods, this dish contains very little carbs, no fat and some significant amounts of protein.
Recipe: Dukan Diet Cabbage with Lean Chicken Sausages
Summary: Very nutritious dish, low-carb with a fair share of protein rich chicken sausages.
- 1 head of young cabbage
- 350 g (13 oz) of extra-lean chicken cured meat (ham or sausages)
- 1 small piece of cooked beef
- 2-3 tsp of tomato concentrate
- 1 onion
- 1 grain of allspice (pimento), bay leaf
- 1 stock broth cube or salt
- Black pepper
- 1 bunch of dill-weed
- 1 tbsp of cornmeal (to thicken the sauce / optional)
- Peel the cabbage of its outer leaves. Shred the rest, put into a pot.
- Pour some cold water into pot, boil it and then drain it.
- Pour some fresh water again (3/4 of the pot or less). Not too much, we do not make soup here. Add salt (or stock cube), allspice and bay leaf. Let it boil over medium heat.
- Cut chicken sausages and onion into cubes. Fry on a non-sticking pan until brown.
- Put everything into your pot.
- Add condiments (like dill-weed or whatever you like).
- Boil for another half an hour or so. At the end add tomato concentrate.
- You can thicken the dish with a tbsp of cornmeal. Mix cornmeal with some cold water (in a bowl), add some boiling water, mix again and pour it to your pot. Turn off the heat as soon as it starts boiling again.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe & Photos courtesy of Gotuj z Aleex (a Polish Cooking Blog)